Jesuit Social Services is seeking an experienced and innovative leader with a background in community development to lead their Central Australian team based in Alice Springs. This key role hold responsibility for driving the strategic agenda in Central Australia, leading program development (with a focus on youth justice and adult group conferencing), policy and advocacy activities and fostering key stakeholder partnerships, especially with Aboriginal community-controlled organisations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant leadership experience
- Capacity to deliver on high-level strategic priorities
- Understanding of disadvantage and complex needs, in Aboriginal and remote context.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and lead community development practice.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of restorative justice and group conferencing principles, preferably with experience and/or knowledge of group conference convening or a comparable process
- Excellent conceptual and written capabilities
- Capacity to engage at all levels of the organisation to drive internal and external facing initiatives
- Foster a culture of evidence based practice
- Build sustainable interventions that contribute to the organisations’ capacity to influence social change
For more information or to apply please click here.
Applications close on Friday 7 July 2017 at 5pm.