The Office of the Commissioner for Body Corporate and Community Management is seeking expressions of interest (EOI) for an Ao5 Conciliator position. The EOI is to establish a pool of suitable candidates to back-fill short term vacancies within the Conciliation team as they arise over the next 12 months. There is a current temporary vacancy until 6 October 2017.
Responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate department conciliation to assist parties to resolve disputes without recourse to adjudication in a high volume legislative based environment
- Provide information to community members and stakeholders on their rights and responsibilities under the Act and the five associated regulation modules. This may include presenting at community information seminars provided by the BCCM office or assisting the information service.
- Identify areas for operational improvement and assist in devising and implementing changes to office policies, procedures and participating in various forms of training for professional development and the development of other team members.
- Review personal performance and seek feedback from supervisor and colleagues.
The successful candidate/s will have:
- High level of written and oral communication, including a demonstrated ability to enhance negotiations through persuasive dialogue and professional expertise.
- Proven ability to interpret and apply legislation, conduct research and draw information from appropriate resources.
- Expertise in facilitating alternative dispute resolution methodologies such as mediation or conciliation, preferably in a legislative based dispute resolution context.
- Ability to work autonomously while also supporting other team members by sharing information, demonstrating flexibility and coping effectively with day-to-day work changes.
- Successfully completed a basic mediation course with a recognised institute or accreditation body; or have the equivalent experience or standing appropriate for conducting the dispute resolution process.
To access the position description and details on how to apply click here.
Applications close at 4pm on Thursday 15th June 2017.