The Department of Justice and Attorney-General’s South Queensland Dispute Resolution Centre is looking to recruit a full-time Intake Officer for their Brisbane Office.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Interviewing disputants from diverse client groups (both in person and by phone) in relation to a wide range of complex issues and assisting them to resolve their disputes.
- Managing an individual case load under limited supervision.
- Exercising judgement regarding complex assessments.
- Mediate disputes as allocated by the Coordinator.
- Supporting and contributing to organising and presenting public relations and community programs with respect to the Dispute Resolution Centre mediation and facilitation services.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of, or ability to acquire sound knowledge of, relevant legislation, policies and procedures pertaining to the delivery of dispute resolution services.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage a case load with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to provide advice pertaining to the dispute resolution services.
- A degree, or relevant work experience, in the area of human services (desirable)
- National mediator accreditation (or ability to gain it within a reasonable timeframe) and be appointed as a mediator under the Dispute Resolution Centres Act 1990.
Annual salary: $67,641 – $74, 377
Status: Permanent full-time
Closing date: Friday 9 June 2017
For further information (including the position description) or to apply click here.