Project Leader- Family Reconciliation and Mediation Program
- Full-time, Ongoing
- Frontyard Youth Services
- Melbourne CBD location
About the organisation
At Melbourne City Mission we’re changing lives every day. Our services extend across disability, homelessness & justice, palliative care, and education and early years. A career with us means your part of an organisation making a real difference.
Hear more about why you should join us by clicking here!
About the program
FRMP is a key part of Frontyard, which is a specialist youth service that provides a range of multidisciplinary services and programs to meet the holistic needs of young people and their identified family and community, with a primary focus on young people at risk or experiencing homelessness. Frontyard aims to support young people to meet their physical, emotional and social needs and to develop pathways out of homelessness and disadvantage. Frontyard’s integrated services include early intervention, crisis housing and support, primary and preventative health care, wellbeing and living skills, brokerage and sector development, legal assistance, income support, education, employment and training programs.
The primary objective of this position is to lead, develop and implement, in collaboration with the leadership team and other services, a range of new and exciting growth initiates and refocusing of the Family Reconciliation and Mediation Program- FRMP. The position is responsible for the implementation of key projects attached to the strategic plan which is focused on the development, evaluation and integration of programs across the wider community.
Key Selection Criteria
- A bachelor degree in social work, youth work or a related discipline is essential with experience in
- Project management, facilitation and or event management
- Creative thinking and forward planning with a focus on ‘new ways of doing business’ is essential
- Extensive knowledge of the systemic issues which associated with youth homelessness
- Highly developed strategic engagement skills, with the ability to work effectively across a diverse range of stakeholder groups
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience working with young people who are at risk or experiencing homelessness
- A comprehensive understanding of care coordination principles and holistic practice frameworks
- Extensive knowledge of current trends and issues impacting at risk young people and the resources available to assist them
- Background in mental health, alcohol or other drug or dual diagnosis
- Knowledge of trauma informed care practice
- Knowledge of the legislative requirements when working with at risk young people
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills, encompassing verbal, written and ICT
- Current Driver’s Licence and Working with Children Check
A position description containing further information is available here.
For further information regarding this role please contact Robert Hosking, Operations Manager, Frontyard on 9611 2434 or via email@example.com
How to apply
To be considered for this position, applicants must include a current CV and address the key selection criteria as outlined in the position description.
Please forward your application to:
Robert Hosking, Operations Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 19th April 2017.
Only applicants who are shortlisted will be notified. Appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory Police Check, International Check (if applicable) and Working with Children Check.
Melbourne City Mission supports staff by providing a range of learning and professional development opportunities, as well as offering work/life balance practices that recognise diversity and value staff participation in community life. The successful applicant will enjoy excellent benefits including salary packaging along with competitive remuneration.
Our commitment to diversity
At MCM, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.