CIIM Essay Competition 2017
The SIMI mediation essay competition for 2017 is now open! Titled “Contemporary Issues In Mediation (CIIM)“, the competition seeks to encourage greater awareness and interest in the study and research of mediation among tertiary students. The Competition is open to all students enrolled in a tertiary institute during the Competition period, whether located in Singapore or otherwise.
This is an annual competition and is typically held during the first half of each year. There are no entry fees to participate.
This is the 3rd year that CIIM Essay Competition has been held. Winners of the first CIIM Essay Competition have had their works published in a book “CIIM Vol 1” and is available for purchase here. “CIIM Vol 2″is currently under editing and will be published later this year.
2 April 2017
Entries should be written in Microsoft Word format and adhere to the following:
- Total length should be between 2700 – 3300 words, not including citations and references.
- Font type Arial, size 12, double-spaced, normal margin.
- All essays should be written in English.
- All citations and references to be put in footnotes.
- The essay should use the citation guide adopted by the Singapore Academy of Law. The guide can be found here.
Entries should be submitted via e-mail to CIIM@simi.org.sg, with the subject “SIMI CIIM ESSAY SUBMISSION”. The body of the email should contain the following information:
- Full name (as in NRIC or Passport) of the participant
- Educational Institution & Country of Residence
- Course of Study
- Title of Essay
Participation is FREE.
The top two essays will receive book vouchers each, while the top 10 essays will be compiled and published by SIMI into a book.
Download the competition rules below. Terms & conditions apply.