The Dispute Resolution Branch (DRB) operates under the Dispute Resolution Centres Act 1990 to provide the Queensland community with highly effective, low cost and timely dispute resolution services. Its six Dispute Resolution Centres provide civil mediation services, child protection conferencing, restorative justice mediation for criminal matters as well as training in mediation and conflict management. DRB is also a Recognised Mediator Accreditation Body under the National Mediator Accreditation System. This role promotes, develops and conducts internal and external training activities for the Dispute Resolution Branch. The training courses are in mediation skills and conflict management.
|Job type||Permanent Full-time|
|Occupational group||Justice & Legal|
|Workplace Location||Brisbane Inner City|
|Job ad reference||QLD/201210/15|
|Yearly salary||$76478 – $83125|
|Fortnightly salary||$2931.40 – $3186.20|
|Contact person||Janet Barnes|
|Contact details||Ph (07) 3109 9037|
Key Responsibilities include:
• Providing positive learning experiences and experiential training for external clients, staff and mediators primarily based around conflict management and dispute resolution.
• Developing, presenting and evaluating training courses to government and non-government organisations, with the ability to market and tailor training programs for clients’ specific needs.
• Evaluating training participants’ skills level and write accurate reports regarding these levels
• Working collaboratively with team members, external trainers and clients to meet training goals.
• Preparing training resources, responding to training inquiries and undertaking administrative tasks as required
Mandatory Qualifications, Conditions and Requirements
• A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or higher qualification in training such as a Bachelor degree or post graduate qualification in training or education
• Nationally accredited mediator under the National Mediator Accreditation System (NMAS)
• Two (2) years’ experience as a trainer or coach delivering skills based training preferably in mediation, conflict management or communication
• The successful Applicant will have an opportunity to join the panel of mediators for the Dispute Resolution Branch.
Applications will remain current for 12 months
For more information visit Smart Jobs Queensland website