- Assist families and children resolve break ups
- Live in an affordable, idyllic, country location on the Murray River
- Hands-on work where you can make a difference
Our client is a highly regarded Community organisation who has a reputation for improving the lives of the local community. An opportunity has emerged for a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP) to join the team and get hands-on work with the Swan Hill community.
The Swan Hill region is home to everything that is wonderful in life. A region rich in culture, bathed in sunshine, blessed with a bounty of delicious local produce and home to great dining, wine and shopping. All this surrounded by the country’s most beautiful natural asset, the Murray River.
Lifestyle is affordable and this role has worklife balance.
As a registered FDRP you will work closely with both individual clients and families seeking assistance with relationship issues. To provide intake, assessment, support, referral advice in appropriate cases to resolve disputes and develop parenting plans.
There is also an educational component to provide community development and community education activities to raise awareness of family issues.
The role will be challenging, rewarding and varied and very hands-on. You will undertake intake, assessment, information and referral advice, support, safety screening and plans for families and individuals seeking assistance.
You will independently manage cases, undertake appropriate screening, assess and refer appropriate allocated cases for Family Dispute Resolution. You will also prepare and coach clients to participate effectively in the mediation process, conduct joint parenting planning sessions if appropriate, mediate in appropriate cases to resolve
disputes and issue Certificates as per the requirements of the Family Law Act.
The role requires you to provide case management services where appropriate, develop and review parenting plans. You will work closely with the local community including Indigenous clients and attend Swan Hill Koori Court as rostered and
The ideal candidate will have the following:
· Tertiary qualifications relevant to community welfare practice, i.e. Social Work, Psychology, Law, Social Science, with experience in counselling and family dispute resolution.
· A broad understanding of relevant legislative requirements as they relate to this field of practice for example; child support, child protection and family violence.
· A willingness to travel and preparedness to be accommodated overnight when required.
· Demonstrated relevant experience in community development initiatives.
· Demonstrated ability and experience in working with individuals and families.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver community education sessions.
· Capacity to undertake reviews, collect data and meet all Quality Assurance requirements.
· Well developed report writing and presentation skills.
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED FAMILY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PRACTITIONER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE.
If you are interested in applying and want further information, contact email@example.com.
Please send any CV’s in MS Word format (preferably NOT pdf)