2014 Essay Competition of the CIArb Australian Branch
The CIArb Australian Branch invites university law students to enter the 2014 CIArb Australia Essay Competition. The essay title is:
“What can be done to make Australia a popular seat for international commercial arbitration in the Asia-Pacific region?”
Entries are invited from students studying a Bachelor, Juris Doctor or Masters level law degree at the date the entry is submitted. Entrants need not be members of CIArb.
The winning essay will published by CIArb Australia and the author will be awarded $1,000.
The Closing Date for entries is Friday 15 August 2014 at 5:00PM.
All entries should be typed in a Word document and clearly identified, including the author’s name, contact details and university. Each entry should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to email@example.com
The winning essay will be chosen by a panel of Australian arbitration practitioners.
- The competition is open to all persons being students studying a Bachelor, Juris Doctor or Masters level law degree at the date the entry is submitted.
- Entries must not exceed 3,500 words (including footnotes).
- Entries must be the original and sole work of the entrant.
- All entries will be acknowledged but will not be returned and the organisers will accept no responsibility for the safekeeping of essays.
- All entries will be anonymised before submission to the judging panel.
- The CIArb Australian Branch reserves the right to publish any part of any essay submitted for the competition.
For more information contact CIArb Australia at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please view the Competition flyer and Evaluation Criteria: CIArb Australia 2014 Essay Competition – Flyer